King’s Cancels Unseen Exams in Latest Email to Students

0
493

Senior Vice President informs students of cancellation of unseen exams as part of the latest guidance to students. 

On 11 March, the Senior Vice President issued an email to all students regarding the university’s plans in response to the coronavirus outbreak which has 460 confirmed cases in the UK and recently declared a pandemic by the WHO. The email highlights issues such as exams and assessments, teaching, overseas activities, Easter travel and tier-4 visas.

It is said that there will be “alternative assessment arrangements for the main examination period scheduled between 27 April and 29 May 2020”, instead of holding “conventional unseen exams”. It is further stated that faculties and departments will be in communication with students regarding the specifics of each assessment.

Alongside this, there will be a flexibility in studying arrangements where students will be able to continue their studies in a different location. Departments will also be providing learning materials online to cater for those who are in flexible arrangements.

At the end of the email, King’s has also condemned the harassment that several students fell victim to over the last few weeks. They have encouraged to contact the Metropolitan Police on 999 or report the incident online.

If you feel that you may need to self-isolate, contact the NHS 111 Coronavirus service, notify King’s via questions@kcl.ac.uk and notify your personal tutor and/or department to ensure appropriate support.