LONDON VARSITY SERIES 2019- Rugby (LIVE)

Live updates of the 2019 Varsity Rugby game were posted here.

20:25 A valiant and fighting effort from our ladies in red, who made us very proud tonight. Thank you all for following and see you again next year!

20:20 And that’s that! Full time here at the Allianz Park where it ends 10-15 to Gower on the night, who will lift the Varsity trophy tonight.

20:16 Solid play from King’s in these closing minutes, but two changes in possession puts us back inside our half.

20:13 After more productive possession, another lengthy break after an injury to Angharad Jones, who finally picks herself up and jogs off the field.

20:10 King’s gain possession yet again, just on the edge of the UCL half now.

20:06 And another very hard-earned try! 15-10 now.

20:03 Another injury break following another bout on the UCL try-line.

19:53 King’s pick up right where they left off and push until they finally run one in for a try, 5-15.

19:48: A huge drive from King’s ends (for now) with the girls pinning UCL on their try-line until an injury to Zoonii Kayler suspends play for an extended period of time.

19:44 Try UCL. 0-15.

19:42 UCL slowly push the ball upfield to pin King’s inside their final five yards, forcing multiple scrums.

19:35 King’s kick it upfield only for the UCL winger catching it to accidentally take it out of bounds.

19:30 Second half kicks off, KCL ball here in north Hendon.

19:20 Half-time whistle blows. Plenty of work to do but it’s certainly not out of their reach.

19:15 After sturdy possession from the ladies in red, UCL’s 11 picks up on another loose ball at full pelt to make it 0-10.

19:11 Two King’s injuries on the field have stopped play briefly, seems like they bumped heads.

19:07 Bit of back and forth inside midfield for the last 10 minutes.

18:57 After multiple scrums in quick succession (cheers ref), King’s lose the ball in the UCL half.

18:55 King’s look to respond as they pick up the ball inside the opposing half twice.

18:51 UCL pounce on a loose ball and their no.15 runs it in for the first try of the game. The conversion attempt is no good. 0-5

18:49 The ball bounces back and forth between the two teams after a UCL kick and multiple fumbles. King’s pinned firmly inside their own final third.

18:47 Sarah Tsoi recovers a ball and charges it 15 yards upfield before being tackled out of play.

18:44 Lengthy KCL possession inside the half ends in Gower’s hands, who fail to capitalise and can’t ram the ball more than five yards upfield. More KCL ball.

18:39 UCL pick up a loose ball and run it down the sideline before some great defending avoids an early scare.

18:37 KCL knock-on ends a spell of possession. UCL Ball now, who kick it upfield straight into the hands of Sarah Tsoi who eats up ground in front of her. Ball has been firmly inside UCL’s last third for a while.

18:35 After UCL get the ball from kickoff, King’s move the ball around fast and get it upfield from a few fast breaks.

18:22 Here come the teams! Kickoff is imminent.

18:20 The two teams now head inside ahead of kickoff.

17:40 The KCL team is now warming up too with just under an hour to go before game time.

17:38 The UCL team is now out on the pitch warming up.

16:37 Good afternoon from Allianz Park everyone! I’ll be covering tonight’s exciting Varsity Rugby game here, on our Twitter and on our Instagram for you all! It’s a cold one up here in North London with a strong possibility of rain during the game. Kickoff will be at 18:30 tonight.

Collector of Tesco clubcard points.
Twitter.com/louisjacques_

Staff writer Evelyn Shepphird explains what’s behind Donald Trump’s dominant performance in Republican primaries and argues that the Democrats will need to change strategy...