Fashion & Lifestyle

Roar’s guide to winter skin care

“I have really dry skin but usually hate the feeling of any thick cream on my face. This has a light and thin texture that I really like!” – Katie, third-year student

Suffering from dry, dull winter skin? Have no fear. Roar has asked five KCL girls which products they use to make sure their skin is #flawless at all times. So, read on to get a list of five recommended, tried, and tested products that will treat your skin to some all-important pampering.

Dermalogica’s ‘Foaming Wash’ from their Clear Start range

Dermalogica’s cleanser is perfect for all seasons, particularly the winter. It is non-abrasive and also contains salicylic acid to control unwanted blemishes –perfection in a bottle!

“The foaming wash is a gentle foam which washes away makeup and cleanses the face, leaving your skin feeling soft and hydrated. It is also easy to use morning and night, love it!” – Hollie, third-year student

Hada Labo’s moisturiser

Treat your skin to Hada Labo’s moisturiser. It is both enriching and lightweight so you can wear it underneath your make-up and keep your skin feeling hydrated all day.

Soap and Glory’s ‘Righteous Butter’

Indulge your senses and skin in Soap and Glory’s body butter to feel nourished (and smell fantastic) throughout the winter season.

“I love this product because it smells so good and it’s great for keeping your skin soft.” – Laura, third-year student

Lush’s Eau Roma Water

Top tip: spritz Lush’s toner all over your face and then apply your moisturiser in order to lock in all the hydrating qualities. You can also spray this throughout the day to freshen up your face.

4

“This toner is really good for sensitive skin, contains all natural ingredients and smells amazing.” – Dora, third-year student

Nip + Fab’s Glycolic Overnight Purifying Gel

A Kylie Jenner favourite, this overnight gel exfoliates your skin while you sleep so you can wake up looking like you’ve had a luxury facial.

5

“I like this product because it’s basically a lightweight face mask you can wear overnight. It’s also non-sticky and smells of oranges.” – Sophie, third-year student

Staff Writer Jagoda Ziolkowska reflects upon the many faces of culture – an ideal of unified beauty or a powerful tool for manipulation? “Books,...

Staff Writer Mohammed Mustafa Ali discusses the future positive impacts of AI, including the future of biotechnology, business and space travel. As proven by...