Explained in pictures: King’s to take over four iconic buildings in Aldwych Quarter

Ariel plan of the Aldwych Quarter / Aldwych Quarter

KING’S is to double the size of the Strand campus after it scooped up the Aldwych Quarter in a 50-year lease agreement hammered by university chiefs at lightning speed.

The Aldwych Quarter includes four houses: Bush House, Strand House, King House and Melbourne House. Roar spoke to the Principal earlier about the plans.

Confused about what exactly will become King’s territory?

Don’t worry, we’ve put together a handy guide to the expansion of the King’s empire: everything coloured in purple in the map above will soon belong to King’s. Here are a few snaps of what is soon-to-be ours:

1. Strand House from Strand

Johnny Tam / Roar News

2. Strand House from Melbourne Place

Johnny Tam / Roar News

3. Interior of Strand House from Melbourne Place

Johnny Tam / Roar News

4. East Court from Strand

Johnny Tam / Roar News

5. East Court from Aldwych

Johnny Tam / Roar News

6. Melbourne House from Aldwych

Johnny Tam / Roar News

7. Bush House from Strand

Johnny Tam / Roar News

8. Bush House entrance from Strand

Johnny Tam / Roar News

9. Bush House from Aldwych

Johnny Tam / Roar News

After the runaway success of their last production, staged inside the majestic baroque settings of the Strand Chapel, King’s College London Opera Society is...

Creative Corner

Creative Corner is a space to share your creative writing at Roar! We hope you enjoy this poem written by May Zaben Calloused fingers...

News Editor Daisy Eastlake looks into the British accent divide and what it means for social mobility within the UK. Like many university students,...

Staff writer Charlotte Galea takes a look at the history of the building which neighbours the King’s College London Strand Campus. Somerset House has...

Staff writer Au Young Yiu Wai examines the methods Heathrow Airport could adopt to become a more student friendly space. Amidst the flurry of...

Turnout-related drops in drink prices at the Vault and Guy’s Bar during the 2024 King’s College London Students’ Union (KCLSU’s) elections led to total...

On March 13, 2024, the KCL Politics Society hosted the second iteration of its Bi-Annual Political Debate on Strand Campus. Staff Writer Alice Fu...