King’s Shakespeare Company to Stage Play in 24 Hours

King’s Shakespeare Company will take on the ambitious task of putting on a Shakespeare play in just 24 hours this Saturday.

The cast will meet the evening before curtain-up to receive scripts, learn lines and block out the production before performing in Tutu’s – and maybe squeeze in a nap to overcome the inevitable exhaustion.

Whilst the play’s title is being kept under wraps until the big day, producer Holly Nicholls has revealed that they will have a cast of nine people, most of whom will be doubling up on roles. ‘We wanted a tight group that can work well together and keep each other’s energy up when we all crave sleep.’

It seems impossible to prepare for a show in 24 hours that would normally take months of rehearsal. How do they plan to pull it off? Nicholls says, “I’m having to be very organised in the way set, props and costumes will be sourced prior to the 24 hour rehearsal time as once that starts it will be near impossible to fix anything.”

Whilst there may be some hitches on the day, I’m sure the audience will be wowed regardless – rehearsing Shakespeare in 24 hours is no mean feat!

Chairman Lord Geidt was found to have broken lobbying rules following an investigation by the House of Lords Commissioners for Standards. The chairman of...

After the runaway success of their last production, staged inside the majestic baroque settings of the Strand Chapel, King’s College London Opera Society is...

Creative Corner

Creative Corner is a space to share your creative writing at Roar! We hope you enjoy this poem written by May Zaben Calloused fingers...

News Editor Daisy Eastlake looks into the British accent divide and what it means for social mobility within the UK. Like many university students,...

Staff writer Charlotte Galea takes a look at the history of the building which neighbours the King’s College London Strand Campus. Somerset House has...

Staff Writer Evelyn Shepphird reviews the National Theatre’s ‘The Motive and the Cue’ and its faithfulness to the 1964 ‘Hamlet’ it dramatises. ‘The Motive...

Staff writers Klara Ismail and Hannah Durkin interview writer and director Barooj Maqsood about thier new student play Middleman. We sat down with Barooj...

Staff writer Jim Lin reviews the Singapore Society’s production of “Semula! The Musical”. Presented by King’s College London Singapore Society, “Semula! The Musical” successfully...