IN case you missed it, King’s will be taking over the Aldwych Quarter after a speedy snap up by the College.
What exactly the College was taking over was quite confusing – so we explained it in pictures.
Principal Ed ‘Babe’ Byrne spoke exclusively to Roar at the time of the announcement, and told us how and why they went for the iconic buildings at the end of Kingsway. Then he invited us on a tour around Bush House, one of the four buildings King’s has leased.
Here are a few snaps from the tour:
1. So, the entrance is fit for King’s eh?
2. Inside everywhere looked like this.
Although, this isn’t Bush House as we weren’t allowed to take pictures inside. This is its next door neighbour, Strand House (which King’s will also lease). They look identical on the inside.
3. It also has the most beautiful staircases.
4. Check out the awesome view down Kingsway.
5. When we were done ogling, we went round the other side.
6. Then we peered over the side…
7. And the view got better…
8. And better…