Fashion & Lifestyle

LFW A/W14: Christopher Kane

Falling paper inspired Christopher Kane’s delicately layered look.

Having recently received investment from esteemed luxury conglomerate Kering, Christopher Kane was one of this season’s biggest tickets and most anticipated shows, and it did not disappoint. The tagline for the collection could read ‘tough, with a side of pretty’, featuring fur-trimmed macs in black vinyl, fluoro yellow and lime knitwear dotted with little black bows, menswear-inspired tailoring in black and brown and delicate, origami-esque dresses with powder pink Mille-Feulle layers. Outerwear ranged from glossy, quilted puff jackets to soft pink, double breasted coats and the accessories perfectly complemented every look: box handbags in croc with utility fastenings and practical Mary-Janes.

Staff writer Margo Sautelle dives into the coquette aesthetic, raising questions about the real implications of the trend, the meaning of girlhood and the...

Staff Writer Mina Yasar dissects all elements of the new fashion trend of 2024 – the ‘mob wife aesthetic’. If you use any social...

Staff writer Vidushi Sahni reviews the influential Drop School podcast for fashion entrepreneurs. In a world where hype has become everything, it has become...

On 27 October, ‘MASK’ – an electrifying Halloween event took place at the renowned Venue MOT, thanks to the collaborative effort of KCL DJ...