Forget about Glastonbury and get Bestival’s student deal now

DON’T be disheartened if you didn’t get Glastonbury tickets, because Bestival remains at the top of its game, and now you can get there at a lower cost with Bestival’s student deal. 

Bestival’s name has a lot to live up to. But for many festival goers, particularly of the student age range, it has become the staple party to close the summer. Perhaps its most enticing feature is that it offers uncompromisingly great line-ups without the constant threat of not managing to get a ticket.

Big names performing live this year include legends from rap Outkast and Busta Rhymes, and THE legends of disco, Chic with Nile Rodgers as well as Beck, Basement Jaxx and a wealth of exciting newer acts including Clean Bandit, Disclosure, London Grammar and many many many more.

Where so many other festivals fail to deliver when it comes to nightlife, closing you out of the arena at midnight, Bestival promises music every night until 5am, with its line-up of DJs reading like the club night of your dreams: Diplo, Annie Mac, Congo Natty, Chase and Status, DJ EZ, James Blake, Skream, Route 94, Jackmaster B2B Oneman and pretty much every other DJ you’ve ever heard of ever (plus a load you’ve yet to discover).

But it’s not just the music that keeps Bestival going stronger than its many rivals. For a start, it’s a much more manageable size than Glastonbury, so you don’t find yourself sprinting through the mud to catch bands you like who are playing 10 minutes (and 10 miles) apart.

But it’s also a lot less commercial than so many other festival of a similar size. You really get the impression that organisers Rob and Josie Da Bank are genuinely trying to make it as fun as possible, not just make a ton of money out of you. There’s a magically decorated forest retreat with huge hammocks hanging between trees which hosts films and spoken word poetry, there’s a disco full of drag queens, there are work out sessions with Mr Motivator, there’s musical bingo, reggaerobics, there’s an inflatable church where you can actually get married, and a hollowed out tree hosting raves within.

In keeping with this full on festival ethos, as is the case every year at Bestival, the Saturday is dedicated to dressing up, with everyone encouraged to bring their most outrageous attire to fit a theme. This year’s theme is ‘Desert Island Disco’. Perhaps most importantly of all, though, Bestival have better toilets than any other festival I have ever been to, which counts for more than you could possibly imagine!

Bestival is held in Robin Hill Park on the Isle of Wight from 4-7 September. Red Funnel ferries are offering a delicious student deal right now, offering free ferry travel from Southampton for every student ticket booked. Get your tickets now before 1 June to get your hands on this brilliant offer at www.redfunnel.co.uk/bestivalstudent.

Turnout-related drops in drink prices at the Vault and Guy’s Bar during the 2024 King’s College London Students’ Union (KCLSU’s) elections led to total...

On March 13, 2024, the KCL Politics Society hosted the second iteration of its Bi-Annual Political Debate on Strand Campus. Staff Writer Alice Fu...