New vacancies added

Roar! is expanding in new areas so have a read of the job descriptions and get in touch! We have an ever-growing team of talented King’s students who produce, distribute and market the newspaper. Start your future career at Roar! – you won’t regret it.

Webmaster
This digital role, within our webmaster team, requires a knowledge of coding and WordPress frameworks in order to host our content in the best way possible. This role involves supporting the rest of the web team in carrying out weekly tasks to improve the design and function of the website. There is also opportunity to get involved in special projects. Knowledge of social media and graphic design is preferable. Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]

Sports editor (online)
This editorial role involves sourcing content from student writers on King’s sports news and events for the website. There is also room online for broader sporting articles. This role requires a personable individual who can also work with the Sports (print) editor to help produce a fun and engaging sports section overall. Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]

Politics editor (online) starting January
This editorial role requires a student who is willing to attend KCLSU Student Council and work in conjunction with the news editors to produce great student politics content for the website. Articles should focus on King’s politics stories from Student Council and KCLSU-affiliated political societies. There is also room online for broader politics articles, nationally and internationally. Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]

News editor (online) starting January
This editorial role requires a student who is willing to attend KCLSU Student Council and work in conjunction with the politics editors to produce great news content for the website. Articles should focus entirely on King’s and KCLSU news that affects King’s students. An emphasis on what King’s students would be interested in. The online news section has the potential to direct the content of other sections. Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]

News reporter
This role requires an outgoing student who has an eye for a story and can write engaging copy on news that affects King’s students. Articles should focus entirely on King’s and KCLSU news. This role involves attending some society events and attending KCLSU Student Council in conjunction with the news and politics editors. A willingness to investigate and go the extra mile is preferable. Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]

Societies editor (online)
This editorial role involves remaining in regular contact with presidents at every KCLSU society on the mailing list to source articles about their events and produce a weekly events bulletin for the website. Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]

Careers editor (online)
This editorial role involves working in close conjunction with the KCL Careers and Employability department to deliver engaging careers content to King’s students. Articles will be sourced from King’s students on careers and internship news and personal experiences. This role requires a creative individual who can also work with the Careers (print) editor to help produce an interesting careers section overall. Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]

Events coordinator
This role in the operations department requires a personable and fun individual who can organise distinctive events for King’s students to engage with the newspaper in new ways. A focus on raising the newspaper’s profile at Guy’s Campus is preferable. Work closely with deputy editor (operations) and the marketing and finance team. Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]

Events officer
This role involves assisting the events coordinator to come up with ideas for events and help execute them with precision. Work closely with deputy editor (operations) and the marketing and finance team. Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]

Marketing officer
This role requires a personable and creative individual who can come up with advertising and campaigns material for King’s campuses and online that will set the newspaper apart from its competitors. Work closely with deputy editor (operations) and the marketing and finance team. Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]

Distribution manager
This role involves managing the monthly rota for the distribution team, organising times when people can help distribute the newspaper by hand to promote Roar! on campus in the best way possible. This role requires a friendly and personable individual who can be the face of Roar! on campuses and drive the distribution forwards for maximum results.Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]

">

-"

Chinese flag